Sunday, December 13, 2009

2am symptoms

was brushing my teeth in the kitchen when the furniture struck me with its arrangement logic. as my parents lay sleeping in the next room, i began to wonder how many more years and permutations my kitchen furniture will see. its morbid to be pondering our mortality at 2am in the morning. but the christmas tree reminds me to appreciate the moment.

am already 25. i'm not making my millions yet. so the existential crisis set in last night after meeting up with chuanyang jiaming and zhenghan. thankfully my passion for set design was reaffirmed by morning time. sure the USD$9000 starting pay makes banking sound good, but would i rather be stuck in a bank when i'm 40 or working on my hundredth set design, somewhere nearer to broadway than if i remained a corporate slave?

passion. love. city. theatre. history. games. i just hope there's enough money along the way to not starve.

No comments: