Tuesday, September 2, 2008

i fat meh

robin scold me say put more pictures of me here. its just odd cos i haven really friend ppls enough to pai2 zao1 (ma-lai-xi-ya accent) so i take my own photo sials.

Photobucket

Photobucket

you're right. i am fat. got the folds and the infolds and the overfolds of skin already. woohoo!

anyway, the linguistic challenges i have faced here deserve a mention. they consist mainly of everyday reflex vernacular that i, a hokkien beng, am not equipped to comprehend and respond to.

"hihowdydoandhowmayiserveyou"
(counting change at the cashier) "huh?"

"Whatsup?"
"... er i dunno."

"Thereyougoandyouhaveaniceone"
"... have a nice what?!"

See, in Singaporeland, most people go only as far as,

"Ah.(whatyouwant)"


Anyway, just because i presume you know me well enough and will be vaguely comforted by random bits of news about me, there was a fire alarm just now and there was smoke on the second floor and i was honestly hoping that something will at least aggravate my hundred year old apartment (and make my rent worthwhile) but nothing did. looks like the students valued their debt saddled lives whilst the actual residents didn't even bother looking out their windows to behold - alas - barefooted kids in the carpark wondering if they over reacted.

No comments: